I have published my own transform_plot3d
http://www.sagenb.org/home/pub/1323/
I was unaware of yours.

On 5 ene, 10:48, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> The following is what I'd like to think of as the "standard" way:
>
> plot(f, (var1, var1_start, var1_end), (var2, var2_start, var2_end))

That's how i made it work

> Also, in your original code, you could simplify it a bit to be:
>
> var('phi,theta')
> def spherical_plot(f,phiran=(phi,0,2*pi),thetaran=(theta,0,pi),**kwds):
>     phi=phiran[0]
>     theta=thetaran[0]
>     Rho=(f*cos(phi)*sin(theta),f*sin(phi)*sin(theta),f*cos(theta))
>     return parametric_plot3d(Rho,phiran,thetaran,**kwds)

I did just that, thank you!

> Another idealogical difference---I usually think of theta as the azimuth
> variable (i.e., as in polar coordinates) and phi as the elevation
> variable (measured from the positive z axis).

I am aware of the naming conflicts, and I also find them troublesome.
However, I've removed the variable specific-ness, meaning you can
now use any variable name as azimuth or elevation!

I am not sure whether to add this the ticket I made before or to open
a new one for transform plot3d and put it all there, or to make one
for
transform plot3d and one for cylindrical plot... Are there any
conventions for this sort of situations?

BTW: I've also spotted the "revolution plot" in mathematica, that one
should also be easy to clone. I'll probably do so tomorrow.