On 6 ene, 01:16, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> I've made some comments athttp://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7850

I saw your comments (i'll edit the ticket when i'm sure how many of
those there
should be).

> 1. To be consistent with the plotting functions, it would also need to
> support something like:
>
> {{{
> spherical_plot3d(lambda x,y: x+y, (0,2*pi), (0,pi))
> }}}

with the changes i've made now, the format has to be
spherical_plot3d(lambda x,y: x+y, (var1,0,2*pi), (var2,0,pi))

but it seems like sage can't make the needed multiplication, i get:
TypeError: unsupported operand parent(s) for '*': '<type 'function'>'
and 'Symbolic Ring'

Instread why not just try:
spherical_plot(x+y, (x,0,2*pi), (y,0,pi))
Produces a seashell-like surface

All of the other comments have been taken care of ;)

> 5. I'm not sure there's any difference between the transform_plot3d and just
> plainly calling parametric_plot3d.  transform_plot3d seems to just basically
> be a rename of parametric_plot3d.

Ummhh... yes, i guess you are right (flushes). I'll see if i can make
it into something useful...