>> 1) Kill the -O3, and see if the file compiles. If so, start bumping it
>> back up until you see the hang.
>
> With -O2, it compiles fine. With -O3, it seems to hang.

Well, this means we've got an easy workaround for the time being.
Glancing at the two sets of warning messages below, I don't see much
difference -- it looks like the second one is longer, which may
suggest that the hang is happening between when the first and second
sets of messages are generated. At this point, I think we just need to
take the file and start bisecting compiler flags and chunks of code to
see if we can pin it down. (I'm happy to play with this soon.) From
the warnings, it looks like they're doing some crazy pointer trickery
-- maybe it's confusing the compiler enough that some optimization is
hanging?

I think bumping it down to -O2 for now will make your life easier,
though, right? ;) File a ticket to investigate and assign it to me.

-cc