On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:16 PM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not everyone can easily use a text editor which recognizes all non-
> ASCII character properly, so I think we should be careful about
> this.

I don't think that's true anymore. It may have been true ten years
ago, but nowadays unicode and utf-8 is pretty much standard.

For the sage source code itself, it probably amounts only to be able
to spell most names correctly. But it will help fully supporting
unicode, which is necessary for translations, and even for the english
version students want to write comments and text in their own
language, so the support is quite important.

Gonzalo