Jaap Spies wrote:
Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
Jaap Spies wrote:

There is a hiatus in the spkg-install. If you only export SAGE_FORTRAN
on Open Solaris with SAGE64="yes" the script picks up the wrong lib.

../lib/amd64/libgfortran is needed.

That is not going to work on SPARC though. Instead, use:

../lib/`isainfo -n`/libgfortran.so

as that will substitute the correct library on either Solaris platform.
(It's not portable across other platforms though - AIX, HP-UX etc)

SAGE_FORTRAN and SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB are quite separate things.

SAGE_FORTRAN has nothing to do with the library.

The only point I would like to make is that the script as is picks up
the wrong lib if SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB is not set to the right libgfortran.so

Jaap

It would be good if there was a check that SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB was pointing at a 64-bit library, if the build is 64-bit. I know that was one of the mistakes I made.

There's some discussion of this at

I could add such a check in 'prereq' to make sure that SAGE_FORTRAN_LIB was a 64-bit library if SAGE64 was exported to yes. (I could work out how to do that on Solaris and HP-UX, but I'm not sure how to handle it on OS X).

The problem with 'prereq' is that it is only run at the start of the build, and not again if the build fails, and someone restarts it. But doing a test there, is better than doing no tests at all.

Dave