Hi, I've just upgraded it a few minutes ago. See my comments here:
I'm by far not an expert on building software and I only know that I
wasn't able to compile cvxopt on my ubuntu linux machine. Therefore I
did what I described above. If this spkg works for you I'm happy,
otherwise these notes (and those in "SPKG.txt" inside the spkg file
[it's a tar.gz]) might help you to accomplish something similar.

About getting this official: One requirement is that it must build and
work on all supported platforms. In the past there were patches
necessary for solaris and right now there are patches necessary to get
it running on ubuntu linux. Therefore there is still a lot to do to
get this running everywhere!

greez harald