Just generally speaking, I appreciate very much any "cleaning up"
of this category of Sage objects. To me, it makes things more
natural and hopefully makes it easier to add functionality in an
organized way in the future.

I haven't used Cayley graphs much and so don't have a specific comment
on your code. Hopefully you can straighten out the terminology issues with
everyone who does make use of it more frequently than I do.