On 1 February 2010 07:43, Pat LeSmithe <qed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience configuring and managing a Buildbot system?

Not me. Long ago I implemented a system which would

1) Copy the source code to a number of remote platforms via ssh and
password less keys.
2) Send the commands to the remotes system to build the code via ssh
and runs the self-tests.
3) At the end of the build, the remote system would copy back the log
file via ssh using password less key.

Given its simplicity, it worked quite well. I could test a build on
about 10 machines in this way, with very little hassle.

If anyone wans to see how a Buildbot system can work well, subscribe
to the wireshark developers list for a few days. Of all the
open-source projects I have ever come across, Wireshark was the most
impressively managed. That was a few years ago, so it might be
different now.

I recall some of the developers getting annoyed when someone was
selling CD's with Wireshark on eBay, but of course that is perfectly
legal under the GPL, assuming he made them aware the source was
available. I've no idea if he did.

Dave