William,

I have contacted all of the devs who are listed on the hg logs of the
relevant files (interrupt.h/interrupt.c) and asked them if they would be OK
re-licensing their contirbutions to these files under a Cython friendly
license.  All the responses I got were positive:

Martin Albrecht:    "I'm happy to re-license my contribution."
Gonzalo Tornaria:    "I'm ok with relicensing"
David Harvey:    "Sure. Whatever license you normally use for Cython is
fine."
Craig Citro:    "I'm happy to relicense any code that I wrote to anything
everyone else is happy with."
Joel Mohler:    It doesn't look like touched the code, but did have a diff
in which he moved the files.  I have
contacted him as well, but I am not sure this is needed.  If you want to
wait to hear from him that is fine.

Are you OK with moving forward with the re-licensing of these two files?  I
am not sure what license would be best, but
my guess is that Apache would work as Cython is released under this license.

If you are OK with this plan, could you (or another sage dev) change the
copyright and license of these two files in the main Sage repo?  Also, it
would probably be a good idea of list all of these contributors as copyright
holders in these files, so this information doesn't get lost when the files
are moved to Cython.

Once the license has been changed I will begin to port them over to Cython
and add Windows support.

Cheers and thanks everyone!

Brian