Hi,

There's an article here:

   http://blog.ksplice.com/2010/03/quadruple-productivity-with-an-intern-army/

that is being discussed on slashdot right now, etc.  I'm mentioning it
here on sage-devel for two reasons:

   (1) It's an article about techniques for getting lots of different
people to work productively together for a short amount of time on a
common project in parallel, which of course we do with the Sage
project.  It sounds like a month-long Sage days (especially the
picture in the article where everybody is crammed into a room coding).

   (2) The startup company that it is about *is* the company that Tim
Abbott (co-?)started; he's the guy who did the Debianization of Sage
last year, which we've been discussing lately.

By the way, the point of Ksplice is to make it so you can run Linux,
install regular security updates to the kernel, but never have to
reboot. One can certainly imagine a lot of commercial organizations
that would want to use such technology...

William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics