Hi

While you are at it,

>> To add a small epsilon to Minh's comments: it is fairly common for a
>> reviewer to add a small reviewer patch fixing docstrings or adding some
>> examples, etc.  This could be a good alternative to getting frustrated
>> with the author for not making these changes himself.  I have often
>> added such a patch, often as a sign of appreciation for the time and
>> effort the author made already; this is especially important when the
>> person has indicated that he doesn't have time to pursue the ticket any
>> further.
>
> I believe however that authors should not expect this. I recently had
> someone give me a positive review subject to some trivial grammar and
> spelling errors. I have no problem with that. Why should the reviewer
> correct my grammar or spelling?
>
> One obvious exception would be if the grammar of someone is poor, as
> English is not their first language. Then it is much more helpful for the
> reviewer to make a reviewer patch.

I don't known exactly how to solve it, but I'm sure there are several non
native speaker (at least I can easily imagine two, I'm one of them) which are
reviewing each other patch, and whose English is quite poor. So probably, we
let huge English mistakes pass. In several occasion, I had wanted someone to
reread a patch only for the English, but let it pass, mostly because the show
must go on, and that I don't want do take other time...

Anyway I'm even not sure that working on patch is a good way... Indeed having
an overall view on the file is certainly much better. So my idea is the
following (as you probably have guessed, I'm giving some more work to other
people while I'm sure not to be qualified to do the job :-)):

What do you think about some more or less organized systematic rereading of
the doc ? I mean make a ticket listing the file one by one marked them as
reread by a native as things move on. Should this project have a low
priority ? I realize that adding doctests should be much more important.

Any comment ?

Cheers,

Florent, improving his English (or at least trying to do so).

--
Florent Hivert
  ---

Bureau U2.2.11          --  Campus du Madrillet
Université de Rouen     --  Faculté des Sciences et des Techniques
Avenue de l'université  --  76801 SAINT ETIENNE DU ROUVRAY
Tél. : 02.32.95.52.91   --  Fax : 02.32.95.51.87
Mél. : florent.hiv...@univ-rouen.fr