On 15 July 2010 03:24, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Dr. David Kirkby
> <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
>> Peter Jeremy asked me if I'd look at the cephes package, as he was having
>> trouble with it. It's only installed on CYGWIN, so 99% of people are not
>> going to see that cephes is broken.
>>
>> I hacked the package so that it would try to build on any operating system -
>> not just Cygwin.
>>
>> Anyway, it has a few serious problems.
>
> Do you have any better suggestions for c99 support on Cygwin?
>
> - Robert

No, since it is not something I have ever looked at. I guess the best
long-term solution is to try to get the Cygwin developers to fix that.
Has anyone on the Sage/Cygwin port reported it as a bug or RFE?

In a private email, Peter told me there were at least 3 forks of
cephes. The link I gave, which is a copy of the missing C file, is yet
another fork. It may be possible to just use cephes from another
source.

But I'm mainly saying I would be suspicious of what is in Sage, as
cephes fails to build due to a missing C source file. But that failure
is not obvious, as there is no error checking that 'make' worked or
not.

Dave

Dave