On 07/21/10 08:20 AM, William Stein wrote:
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Dan Drake<dr...@kaist.edu>  wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 at 10:28PM -0700, Carl Witty wrote:
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Dan Drake<dr...@kaist.edu>  wrote:
Hello all,

When building from source, I can set MAKE and have the Sage library
build in parallel. Is there a way I can do the same thing when using
"sage -b"? In analogy to "sage -t" and "sage -tp", it would be nice to
have "sage -bp".

Yes: set MAKE :)

export MAKE='make -j10'
sage -b

(In fact, when you build from source, it just does a "sage -b", I'm
pretty sure.)

As usual, I figured out the answer by myself just after sending my
question to the list...

As "penance" could you add your question to the FAQ?

http://wiki.sagemath.org/faq

If so, I would make a note that there should be no space between the j and the number, since that is a bug. The GNU make help page clearly shows a space

  -j [N], --jobs[=N]          Allow N jobs at once; infinite jobs with no arg.

I think Robert, or someone else created a ticket for that, but at this point it is not fixed.

So all of these *should* work

-j
-j 23
-j23