Hello all,

My working on the big PARI-upgrade (#9343) has sprouted many ideas.  One
of these (possibly crazy) ideas is the following: we might manage to
some extent to make 32-bit PARI behave like 64-bit PARI.  Because right
now various doctests return different results depending on the word size
(32 or 64 bits).  But if we make sure that the internal precision in
PARI is always a multiple of 64 bits, the results should be the same on
32 and 64 bit machines.  I already managed to do this as a
proof-of-concept for the sin() function.  It might not be easy to do
this for every possible function in every possible case, but I guess
something can be done easily.  The main disadvantage that I see is that
this might cause slowdowns, especially when working with small
precisions.  What does sage-devel think of this?

Jeroen.