On 8/2/10 4:59 PM, cousteau wrote:

3. BODE DIAGRAMS
Well, ok, maybe when I tried to plot a bode diagram I didn't research
much on the graphics array point, but there's still missing a way to

graphics array doesn't line up the scales with each other (if that's needed). However, that is very easy to do in pylab, which can be used directly from Sage.

Here is an example I found from a google search:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~samuelg/worksheets/Bode_plot.html

(their code could be simplified, but it at least shows a way to do it; and that could be encapsulated in a function as well.)

make the X axis have a logarithmic scale (without replacing x with
exp(x), which would work graphically but would write the wrong numbers
on the axis). Also, it would be nice to be able to make the Y axis
have divisions each 15, 45 or 90 degrees for the phase diagram, but it
will use 10, 20, 50 or 100 instead.

4. MATRIX INPUT
If the "[...]m" syntax is messing too much with Python's syntax, don't
implement it then, but I keep thinking there should be an easier way
than the one right now to input matrices. It's just not comfortable
for people who does an intensive usage of matrices.
(Another alternate syntax would be using a semicolon inside a list:
"[1,2;3,4]", or "[1,2,3;]" for row matrices; it's more Matlab-like but
it still has the same problem... although there are already some cases
such as "list(1..10)" that don't look like valid Python)

On second thought, making the semicolon inside a list give a matrix is an intriguing idea. If someone implemented it, I'd be willing to play with it for a while to see if I thought it was worth the break with python syntax.

6. TRANSPOSE/CONJUGATE
It seems that implementing this would just involve modifying the
__pos__(self) method for complexes, matrices and complex matrices, and
I think that both conjugating and transposing are common enough
operations to deserve its own operator.

I think m.T and m.H (or the functional versions m.T() and m.H()) are less confusing that +m or something like that.

Thanks,

Jason