Hi Johan!

On Aug 3, 9:57 am, "Johan S. R. Nielsen" <j.s.r.niel...@mat.dtu.dk>
wrote:
> > 4. MATRIX INPUT
> > (Another alternate syntax would be using a semicolon inside a list:
> > "[1,2;3,4]", or "[1,2,3;]" for row matrices; it's more Matlab-like but
> > it still has the same problem...

At least, it seems technically possible to modify the preparser to
consistently make sense of this notation.

If guess these are reasonable requirements for "syntactical sugar":

1) It must be easily recognisable for the preparser. I think this is
the case here.
2) There is no way to interpret it in Python syntax (i.e., there can
be no doubt for the preparser which syntax is being used). I think
this is the case here, since having ";" after an opening [ before
there is the closing ] is a syntax error in Python.
3) The lead developers must like the notation to such extent that they
consider modifying the preparser for the first time after 3 years.

So, probably 3) is the biggest problem.

Cheers,
Simon