> > > William said here
>
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/1b6235...
>
> > > "Probably the only platforms that get g95 are older OS X."
>
> > It seems like PowerPC gets it.
>
> Well, I run MacOSX 10.5 on my PPC (G4), and I have gfortran.

Can you give me a command to check this on my own (G4, but running
10.4) machine?  As noted above, I can't get the command which should
work to work.  local/bin/which_fortran is one of those Perl scripts
looking for G95, by the way.

> I would propose dropping support for g95...

If it doesn't break 10.4 support, I would agree.
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#MacOS seems to indicate that
PPC binaries are only available for Leopard, not Tiger.
Unsurprisingly, the R project has a site (http://r.research.att.com/
tools/) with links to lots of Fortran compilers, including apparently
one gfortran one which would work on 10.4 (?).

- kcrisman