>> True. But if person A creates the ticket, person B reviews it and the
>> release manager finds it passes, it may end up getting merged.
>
> I see that as someone not doing there job properly if we were to decide that
> a vote is required in that case. Let's face it, we can always imagine a
> scenario where safeguards fails. We are just minimizing risks and damages.
>
> Francois

But the current rules permit this.

* Person A decides to update a .spkg to a non-stable release
* There's no need to discuss it on sage-devel or have a vote.
* Person B reviews this unstable release and gives it positive review.
* The release manager merges this snapshot and we all suffer.

This is the current situation, and one I feel is very wrong. My thread
has only attracted responses from yourself and Jason, so perhaps it's
not of interest to many.

Dave