On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> On 26 November 2010 01:56, Donald Alan Morrison <donmorri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A1: If the license says you can't or the stripped version is no longer
>> available, that's not an option.
>
>> -Don
>
> That would be true if the license was legally enforceable, which I
> very much doubt it is.
>
> Dave

Dave, this is an open source project.  We respect the licenses of
others, no matter how much we disagree with them, legally enforceable
or not, or we've got no moral basis to expect others to respect ours.
If their license doesn't allow the use I suggested, then we won't do
it, no matter if we can.  However, we can probably use an outdated
version under the license it was distributed under.

Also, the moment you say "if [it] was legally enforceable" online, if
you then carry out whatever [it] is, you graduate from "criminal" to
"stupid criminal".