On Nov 25, 5:02 pm, Rob Beezer <goo...@beezer.cotse.net> wrote:
> On Nov 25, 3:35 pm, Donald Alan Morrison <donmorri...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > "Abramowitz and Stegun: Handbook of Mathematical Functions" is another
> > interesting topic source you mentioned.  It is very nice that it's
> > free to view.  I'm surprised that it's just scanned images....someone
> > could have run it through OCR, then LaTeX.
>
> The "Digital Library of Mathematical Functions" is the follow-on to
> Abramowitz and Stegun.
>
> http://dlmf.nist.gov/

The DLMF is not the same as A&S in at least one respect:
whereas A&S is a work in the public domain, DLMF is copyrighted.

Now one might suppose that the DLMF is a work of a federal
agency (NIST) and therefore cannot be copyrighted.
The arrangement is this: NIST contracts with the authors
(not NIST employees, I gather) to write it, then the authors
assign the copyright to NIST.

best

Robert Dodier