Being able to test a single spkg on the most recent alpha/beta/rc
would be very useful and not produce much load. I take it that this in
not possible right now, but could probably be done easily.

I find the current spkg review process is essentially a catch-22:
nobody wants to give a positive review until it has been tried on all
platforms but the release manager will not run in on the build bot
until it has been positively reviewed...

Volker