Thanks for the link and your help! If avoiding the preparser just
consists in putting a "%python" in the first line and starting the
timing from another cell, then I already did that. But still the
notebook is quite slow in my opinion.
Instead, I saved the code as a .py file and loaded it via "load
file.py" in the shell. This seems to work fine. But nevertheless my
original code was supposed to be in Cython (i.e. first line is
%cython) and was compiled by the notebook when pressing ALT+ENTER. Now
that I use the shell and a .py file, the first line "%cython" in front
of the actual code apparently doesn't work any more. Is it possible to
save the "_spyx.c" files generated by the notebook compiler and to
load them in the sage shell?
Thanks,
Georg