Hi folks,

I have converted the whole reference manual use one page per method or
function. The resulting HTML version of the reference manual is up [1]
at Google code for your viewing pleasure. The script that I used in
the conversion process is up at bitbucket [2], from where you should
also find a patch to sage-main that would allow you to build the
reference manual with one page per method/function.

I can see several problems with merging the above changes to the Sage
library. If you merge the above patch, building the HTML version of
the reference manual would take over 100 minutes, where previously it
took about 30 minutes. This is really unacceptable. Another problem is
that the log of the build shows 967 warnings, many of which I have no
idea how to resolve.

While having one page per method or function is really a good idea, it
has created further problems. A reasonable alternative is to leave the
documentation building process intact. It already takes a lot of time
to build Sage and the whole standard documentation. The online [3]
reference manual that is accessible from the Sage website would be
generated to use one page per method/function. In all, no patches will
be proposed for merging into sage-main and the online reference manual
would be generated to use one page per method/function. I'm sorry for
raising so much fuss about this one-page-per-method-function issue.

[1] http://mvngu.googlecode.com/hg/onepage/index.html

[2] https://bitbucket.org/mvngu/oppmof/src

[3] http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/index.html

--