On Dec 18, 7:04 am, RegB <2regburg...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I keep getting distracted with the code though (-:

Me too.  ;-)

> Here is a thought - probably not new to you;
> How practical would it be to adapt the tools you have assembled to
> enable a user to do the following.
> 1) Drag mouse over an expression to highlight it, I am thinking about
> text in an unprepared document.
> 2) Right click to open a drop down menu that offers "edit in SAGE
> notebook cell"  (approx).
> 3) (User edits to SAGE syntax, etc.)
> 4) Hit shift/enter, or click on evaluate.
> 5) All the usual things happen from the notebook server.

I guess it depends on where you would be reading an "unprepared
document," and therefore where the drop-down menu would come from.
Sounds like you mean from a browser?  There's been some discussion of
making it possible to run interacts independent of the notebook.  If
we had this capability, it'd be easy I would think to have a very
simple, general interact that behaved like a toolbar (Sage code in,
output back out), but it sounds like you want something better than
that.

Jason's suggestion of using TeXmacs is a good one.  Offray Vladimir
Luna Cardenas was using the combination of Sage and TeXmacs heavily
with his students, but I can't recall if something like this was
possible.  Maybe searching through his posts or website might yield
some ideas.

Rob