I think the reason "mathematica programming" doesn't return many
results is because it is not usually perceived as a programming
language per se, rather a mathematics software. Because of this, I
think Mathematica (and MATLAB, or any specific-use programming
languages) statistics are bound to be skewed.

As for TIOBE not being accurate in its statements, I think it is. It
says, "The index can be used to check whether your programming skills
are still up to date or to make a strategic decision about what
programming language should be adopted when starting to build a new
software system." Programming skills being up to date does not
necessarily imply industry jobs; what about academia, personal
projects, etc.? As well, language choice for software, especially that
designed for the mainstream, would more likely benefit from languages
that are more popular in the mainstream.