> If you do, then I bet that the problem is the double slash.  In fact, we
> just ran into this same sort of problem when working on the new jmol
> going into Sage---the temporary directory has a double-slash, so it is
> confusing where exactly that temp directory is.

Incidentally, I've seen a lot of other places where os.path.join or
whatever is not used, instead "%s/foo"%directory which gives the
double slash.  One might want to grep for that sort of thing if this
causes lots of problems.  What is the difference between single and
double slash, exactly?  (Other than the number of slashes.)

- kcrisman