Hi!

In the last  few minutes, I hacked something that provides the
following:

  sage: ZZ.set_custom_doc('I like this text better.')
  sage: ZZ?
  Type:           IntegerRing_class
  Base Class:     <type 'sage.rings.integer_ring.IntegerRing_class'>
  String Form:    Integer Ring
  Namespace:      Interactive
  File:           /mnt/local/king/SAGE/sandbox/sage-4.7.2.alpha2/local/
lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/categories/euclidean_domains.py
  Definition:     ZZ(self, x, *args, **kwds=0)
  Docstring:
      I like this text better.

  Constructor information:
  Definition:     ZZ(self)

My patch does not add slots beyond what is done in #11115, it works
for all parents (sage.structure.parent.Parent) and it works for any
SageObject with writeable attributes.

However, it does not work for things like symbolic expressions, since
they do not allow to write attributes:

  sage: x.set_custom_doc('x denotes altitude')

  TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent
call last)
  TypeError: Setting custom documentation requires attribute access

In particular, it would not provide what the OP requested.
Question: Shall I open a ticket and post a patch, or is my suggestion
not good enough for being called "a feature"?

Best regards,
Simon