On Monday, January 9, 2012 4:07:49 PM UTC-5, William wrote:

> Let's focus our energy on doing this.

Agreed!

Let's also plan to fully
> support having both a 32 and 64-bit version.  Right now I think we
> only provide a 32-bit VM.  If we are organized, we can do both 32 and
> 64-bit.

I don't see any compelling reason for  a 64bit guest. Many people don't
know whether they run a 32 or 64bit host. VirtualBox lets you pretty much
mix&match guest and host (including 64bit guest on 32bit host) but
especially the latter requires hardware virtualization capabilities in the
CPU. Its easier to just have everybody run 32bit guests. We can build a
64bit guest, but in any case we should point everybody to the 32bit version.