On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:51:15 AM UTC-5, William wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what you guys means by "headless".  I would definitely not
>> call Volker's current VM headless, since when you start it up there is a
>> visible Linux console (which I would call a "head"), and if you click in it,
>> then the cursor is trapped.
>
> True, but it would be easy to write a batch file than executes
>
> VBoxManage startvm "Sage-4.7.2" --type headless
>
> then no window whatsoever would not show up.

That is a really interesting idea!   We would couple this with a
standard Windows GUI App, just like with the Sage app on OS X.    If
the Windows GUI App we wrote decides that things aren't working right
(it will run some tests) based on the network, it will offer some
options, maybe including:

     * view a console
     * ssh into the machine
     * bring up a full GUI inside the machine.
     * suggest how to debug network/firewall/antivirus issues

Who here has experience with Windows GUI programming?   I used to do a
lot of it back in 1993... but haven't since then!

 -- William