Hi,

I'm sharing an NFS mounted directory via samba. When a client connect to the share, he can browse it fine, but any attempt to read data, like copying or looking that the file's properties results in a lockup on the client, and an eventual time out. On the server, a lock ( DENY_NONE 0x120089 RDONLY NONE ) is created an never goes away, even after the client as disconnected.

- I can login the server and read data just fine from that NFS mount point, but samba can't. - I can access other NFS mounted ( off another server ) via samba just fine.

if I use smbclient as the CIFS client, the error is:

Error Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds closing remote file

Any help would be appreciated !

Samba server setup:

2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE

samba-client-3.0.33-3.7.el5