Not familiar with that model but had very good success with
the earlier models of the Dell Precision Mobile Workstation series that ran linux well.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015, Phil Wyett wrote:

On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 21:10 -0800, Yasha Karant wrote:
I am considering replacing my current HP 8530p with a
Dell Precision M4800 Mobile Workstation .

I have looked at Linux on Laptops, but this Dell model does not seem to
appear.

Does anyone have Linux experience with the above Dell model?

Note that SL 6 works well on my HP 8530p .

Thanks for any information.

Yasha Karant

Hi,

This laptop supports RHEL 6.4 or greater.

http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/precision-m4800-workstation. See the
tech specs lower on the page.

Regards

Phil

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
t...@fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Office:  Wilson Hall room 804
Fermilab Scientific Computing Division,
Scientific Computing Facilities Quadrant.,
Experimental Computing Facilities Dept.,
Project Lead for Virtual Facility Project.