On 02/13/2015 07:59 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 06:28:06PM -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
Given that they're going to have to run systemd, and that they're
still dealing with Gnome bloat if you need graphics, Assume that
every major release is roughly 30% more CPU and RAM than the
previous release, and you won't be too far off.

If systemd is a major resource hog, then our high-performance-
machine comrades will come up with something that leaves more
CPU cycles for doing computation over the next decade.  I hope.
Zillion-CPU computing is intolerant of expensive waste.  If RH
someday insists on intolerable resource misuse, we are in the
right community for a mutiny and a new direction.

I really can't see systemd described as a "major resource hog". In what way?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  or...@cora.nwra.com