Dear SL community,

I am a Scientific Linux user, and I am new to Linux
I installed a program called grace for plotting graphs; when I want to
execute the program, I used to type *xmgrace* in the terminal then the
program opens its window. Now I have to specify the location of xmgrace
each time I wanna run the program for example, I type in the terminal the
full path

/home/Alaa/grace-5.1.25/src/xmgrace

Is there a way to make running the program straightforward by typing just
*xmgrace* in the terminal?

The last thing, since I come with Windows background in which all the
installed files are located in a folder called *programs files   *so In
which folder can I find the installed programs in linux

Best Regards,
Alaa