On 06/27/2018 08:44 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
I'm starting to see all kinds of crazy problems on our systems - (e.g. systemctl & journalctl hanging except for under strace).  It's still early but I'm wondering if some of the recent 7.5 updates are to blame. It doesn't appear to be (solely) the kernel.

Anyone else seeing problems?

Well, now I'm less sure that it was the updates. I've rolled them back with yum history undo, but am still having problems. Most affected appears to be autofs - it starts up but does not react to directory access. The systemctl/journalctl hangs are actually hangs with the pager. Disabling that allows them to run and produce output.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637