From: "Tracy Curtis" <tlcurti...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 2:06:41 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Teen Sues Mother for Facebook Harassment

I think the criminal thing may be analogous to the way domestic violence laws
have evolved. It used to be that the person being hurt had to press charges.
Now, if there's evidence, the state must bring charges. I don't know how much
of a choice they would have if she pretended to be him.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

Same here. That's the only thing I can see that would possibly warrant criminal
charges. Still, I wonder if the law couldn't have tried to get them to settle
this out of court? Maybe have everyone sit down and talk it out? The kid is
obviously angry, and maybe with good reason. But I hate to see him taking his
mom to court like this. She might even be "wrong" in a way, but criminal?