Agreed. the idea of people with a HUD who already have trouble focusing on
driving down a road scares me--especially those in SUV's, who have no concept
of how to drive the vehicles.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tracy Curtis" <tlcurti...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:33:08 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Gallery: Curious and curiouser emerging technologies

It's not a good idea to have a bright augmentation of the road's edge. If you
can't see that, it's a good signal that driving conditions aren't good enough.
And if the tech gets it wrong, the driver has two conflicting visual signals to
follow. That's not good.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

"augmented reality windshield"? For a car? Don't know what frightens me more:
that people already distracted while chatting on cellphones or texting have a
new distraction...or the fact that this pic seems to indicated this is tech
built on a Microsoft OS! :(