Danny, Danny, don't jump to any conclusions, I was not jumping on your response it was that I was just reading your post when I decided to write my post.   YOu will however notice I said that I waited until the water "BOILED" in the cup before I removed it from the Microwave???

RK

Manufacturer's of World Class Golf Club Repair Equipment
-------Original Message-------

Date: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:50:23 PM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: question about installing ferrules (microwave boiling of water is risky)

Jeez RK/Tflan, I was only offering a simple caution that might save someone
from injury, not trying to put down anyone's methods. Take it or leave it.

RK, I respect your opinion, so when I first read your advice as to the risks
of using a drill bit instead of a reamer in certain situations, I changed my
methods. I did this regardless of the fact that I had successfully been
using just a drill bit for the past 7-8 years without ever sustaining any
kind of injury. Just because it "NEVER" happened to me before, didn't mean
that I rejected your caution that it could.

Before any of you decide whether I know what I'm talking about, you might
want to do a little research. I just did. Take a look at these links
before you dismiss what I say. If you care to ignore it further, well,
that's up to you too. I hope you wear glasses.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/primetime/2020/PRIMETIME_010315_superheating_
feature.html
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/superheating.html
<http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/superheating.html>