Dan, I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest over this or anyother post.    A newbee came on line thru ST and asked a very simple question, how do you guys get a ferrule on to a shaft when it won't go.   I just relayed the way that I've been doing it for years, that's all I did.     Several other people came on also with their way of doing the same job, as they, and don't ask me who they are, said that there's more than one way to skin a cat.     NOBODY jumped anyone over this until someone, not you at first, came back with the exploding water post.    "I NEVER" responded to that post or anybody's else's post until someone jump on Tom about it.     And I agree with Tom on this, all it takes is a little common sense to do this job.      Like I posted after all of the ruckuses that "I WAIT 3 MINUTES ""OR"" UNTIL THE WATER BOILS" which ever comes "LAST".     I hope that this settles the issue once and for all as my med's have not kicked in as of yet and it's almost 5:30.

RK

Manufacturer's of World Class Golf Club Repair Equipment
-------Original Message-------

Date: Thursday, August 01, 2002 02:45:19 PM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: question about installing ferrules (microwave boiling of water is risky)

RK,

Well, if you want to parse words, what you actually said was:

"I've been heating water for 3 minutes, or until it boils, in
a glass coffee cup for about 6 years now and have "NEVER" had a problem.
All you need is a cup, water, microwave and good common sense."
Notice you said "OR" until it boils, not "AND" until it boils.  In addition, you prefaced that statement with "I agree, Tom", which, I assume, means you agree with his post.  If you'd care to re-read TFLan's post again, you will see that he ridiculed this entire consumer warning, suggesting it was a bunch of baloney, comparing it to the McDonald's hot coffee law suite, etc. and ultimately suggested that I must have no common sense.  So, I assume you agree with that.

I'd say it's pretty clear to everyone reading what you thought of my post.  Are you changing your tune now?

Dan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]