I recently finished reshafting a complete set of Callaway X-14 irons (went from steel to graphite) and experimented with the slitting procedure 1st, (using a Dremel tool) and it was quite easy. I was hesitant to bore out the hosel because I was concerned how much weight I would take off and didn't want to mess up the swingweight as I had to already contend with the swingweight factor switching to graphite. To make a long story short, I bored out the hosel and was quite suprised that I hardly had to take anything off, barely lost a gram of weight (if that) and it was a considerably easier job. Although the finished job of slitting the tip of the shaft looks kind of neat I recommend boring out the hosel. Swingweights came out fine in the finished product.

George Iacono