In principle, I agree with Dave T. A plug of epoxy on the inside of the shaft will cause a stress concentration. That said, however, I find it unlikely that effect is significant. The modulus of elasticity of the epoxy is so much lower than that of the steel hosel and the graphite reinforced composite shaft that it's effect is going to be negligible.

As I said in my other post, I think this breakage is either due to the shaft tip reinforcing never being designed for this club head speed, or something in the assembly process that is reducing the amount of reinforcing above the hosel. And, again, if the shaft is breaking off straight across (as opposed to a spiral fracture) it is a consequence of bending or tension in the shaft and if it is consistently breaking just above the hosel, it's most likely bending from the centrifugal toe down forces that is initiating the failure, with tension finally separating the head and shaft tip from the rest of the shaft.

Hey, 2-cents worth, maybe even 3 . . .

Alan