Hi Ralph - Sounder made a small splash around 1979-1980 with a line
of woods and irons that "all swing the same".  Their sales pitch was
to have a wall mounted display board that you could clamp any two
clubs from the set in, swing them like a pendulum, and the frequency
of their arcs would be identical.  They achieved this by using butt
weights, a plastic insert with lead weight positioned at different
depths of the shaft.  This allowed each club to have the same cg.
Unfortunately, it often didn't translate to an effective club for
transferring energy to a ball.

As far as construction, I do recall that the woods I ran into were
laminated maple rather than persimmon.  These clubs did have a pin
placed under the whipping thread which went through one side of the
head on some models, and both sides on others.  There were many
problems with the wood heads cracking in the area of the pin, and
this practice was discontinued.

I don't recall seeing any of them that were a bore through design,
which would eliminate the possibility that it was sole pinned.

Finally, I don't recall seeing any that were persimmon, so your club
may have been made with an entirely different approach.

I assume by your question that you intend to reshaft the club.  With
that in mind, my suggestion would be to cut the shaft off a few
inches above the whipping thread, put a rod down the shaft, and see
if you hit a pin.  If you do, take off the whipping thread, and see
if it is pinned all the way through, or just on one side.  If it's
through, gently tap it out, replace enough whipping to ensure the
integrity of the neck, and proceed with a normal shaft removal.  If
it only goes in one side, drill it out with a bit that is slightly
smaller than the ID of the shaft, then tap the remainder of the pin
inside, replace the whipping, and proceed.

Good luck, and send me an e-mail if my rambling became too confusing.

Paul Norstrem