From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 12:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Reducing glare on a shiny putter head

Don, Birchwood-Casey also makes a "blue",  or more appropriately a blackening agent for aluminum, brass, and other non-ferrous metals. You may have to go to a sporting goods store which sells guns to find it but it works great on aluminum. You can apply it over and over to get the color of black you need. It's called "Aluma-black" or something like that. If the head does not darken with one application, there is a coating on the head (poly?) which will have to be removed w/steel wool before the stuff will work.

Craig

MacKinnon Golf