Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Re: RE: ShopTalk: Looking for an Alternate

Actually I am not looking for a clone but more for a head that responds like the Cobra at contact with the ball.  I have never had much luck hitting with the new larger club heads.  One of my Saturday foursome showed up with this one and was knocking the stuffing out of the ball ( not really, just hitting it longer than I could with my Biggest big Beartha).  On about the fifth hole I asked him to let me give it a try.  I took a slow controlled back swing and followed through hoping not to slice into the creek.  The ball sailed out of sight down the fairway and over the hill.  I have never hit that long and be in the center of the fairway in my life.  My average drives have always been around 190 to 210.  My ball came to rest 107 yards in front of the green.  I'm all pumped up now and I follow with an PW to six inches from the hole, drop the putt for a birdie.

Two weeks later my buddy has put the club away and goes back to his 3W for ball control.  Took me another week to talk him out of it.  With an average score for this year in the mid nineties, I go play last Thursday afternoon.  I hit all but one fairway, ten greens in regulation, and walked off the course with an 80.  As we all say, some day everything is going to come together one day and all will be well.  I have had mine.   I had shot an 84 before but spent last year trying to break 100 again.  Dropping ten strokes off my present average would be a great way to finish this season.

Tom M

tflan wrote:
There are a lot of Cobra knockoffs.Try a google search for clone golf heads. You'll be surprised at the large number of them.

Where is it okay to be teed off, tote a six-iron, shoot birdies, and if you're under par it's a great day?

--
Where is it okay to be teed off, tote a six-iron, shoot birdies, and if you're under par it's a great day?