I notice a number of press reports referring to "Monty's meltdown" ---Simply not the case-- he attempted to play the only shot that at the time would have given him a chance of victory: He had to fire at the pin to try for birdie a very difficult shot at the best of times He was not aware of what Phil was doing or going to do otherwise he would have played for the centre of the green ,made par and lifted his first ''major'' .
Hindsight is 22/20 vision   thats golf.
jeremy