DaveT: I have left myself open to one type of disaster I hope I don't
encounter. All these backups
are stored just a few feet from my computer. So a fire in the house could
destroy both. If I had
learned proper paranoia, I would have them in a fireproof box in the basement
-- or, even better, a safe deposit box at the bank. The last one requires too
much effort on my part
to do a backup; running to the bank every time is overkill. But it might not be
overkill if I have a
business that depends on the data, and that I would still want to pursue after
a fire.

HarryS:  Great post DaveT and thanks for sharing.  I have all my personal data
files stored on a
Kingston 64GB DT-200 USB flash drive.  I also do a backup of my MS Office
Outlook about every 2
months so I can restore my inbox.  Years ago I bought a new Dell notebook and
the hard drive crashed
after 10 months and I lost everything with no backup.  I lost my digital
pictures of my father
before he passed on.  I do not store my backup in the basement, in a firebox or
at the bank.
Instead I store my USB flash drive in my pant pocket.  I figure if we have a
house fire and I can
get out of the residence with my pants on then I have retained ALL of my
personal computer files.

Again great post DaveT ...