At 04:56 PM 10/3/2010, Keith Anderson wrote:
Is there anything you know of that I can soak or spray the rust with as a first step to make the process any easier? Thanks for your quick response. Keith

I have used Naval Jelly (the pink glop) on rusty things other than golf clubs. Usually successfully, and it never hurt them. Never tried it on golf clubs, though.

I have seen it spelled Navel Jelly (though only on the Internet). Warning: Do not use it on your navel. It may be harmful. (I'm amazed they didn't have a product recall, because there are people out there who can't spell. Sorry -- having a Fisher-Price / McDonalds-coffee moment there.)

Cheers!
DaveT