Thanks for posting this.  I've always tried to get and save their newsletters.
 Great technical info.  I particularly liked the part about what they call spin
loft.   They've determined that the old saying of ...."hitting down on the ball
creates more spin" isn't true.    I'd always felt that it made no difference
for me either.    Reminds me of the other, often heard thing that I disagree
with regarding spin....."to hit wedges that spin well, you must really
accelerate through the ball".   How is the ball supposed to know if you're
accelerating or not?   I've never seen this technically discussed.  I think
that all it sees are clubhead speed and direction, location on the face,  and
face angle conditions.   Of course this is for any given club.  (I know grooves
matter)

Brad