I'm experimenting with some of these lighter clubheads and longer drivers and wonder if I'm on the right track when making adjustments for clubhead weight and driver length.

A frequency decline of 7.95 Hz per inch increased club length (so add about 8 per inch increase in clubhead length)

Subtract 1 (one) CPM for each 2 (two) grams a head weighs under 202 grams (I pulled this from an old chart from Composites Dynamics).
So with a 175g head:

202-175=27 g divided by 2 = subtract 13.5 cpm for clubhead weight.

Add about 8 cpm for each inch increased club length.

It looks like you could play about the same flex if you increased driver length by 2" or so as the length and clubhead weight will cancel each other out.

If about one inch longer then go about 1/2 to 1 flex softer.

If the same length as you typically use but with the lighter 175g head, go at least one full flex softer.

This would assume the same BBGM in both heads.

--

Thanks!
John Muir

skype: jhmuir