Another factor often ignored is "face roll off", where the top line of the club face is flared open at the toe to encourage a golfer to set up with the face slightly closed. The amount varies significantly from brand to brand but almost all have some.

Alan

At 06:15 AM 11/6/2010, you wrote:
Hi Dave. How do you know then that it is not the face angle that corrected the slice? Over the summer I got my hands on a 5 and 7 Callaway Steelhead III fairway woods. I have been hitting more more draws/hooks than ever before with those clubs. Also if take a look at the specs of the IIRC, specs on the Callaway website you'll notice that the face angle on the 10 is 1* closed and the 11 is 2* closed..
<http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-CA/Products/ClassicProducts/ERCII.html>http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-CA/Products/ClassicProducts/ERCII.html

Just to add to the confusion:)

André.

----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:dtutel...@optonline.net>Dave Tutelman
To: <mailto:ShopTalk@mail.msen.com>ShopTalk@mail.msen.com ; <mailto:ShopTalk@mail.msen.com>ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Clubhead Weight and Shaft Flex

On that last point, I just lent my "special driver" to a novice golfer friend. No, it's not my own driver; it's one I made up specially for this purpose. The club length is under 44". That's a very short shaft for a modern driver (lightweight graphite shaft, 460cc head). I do it with a very heavy head; IIRC, it's over 210g. He absolutely loves it. It's the only driver he has ever been able to hit on the sweet spot with any regularity, and the only driver he doesn't slice. That reaction is very common until you get to a single-digit skill level.

Cheers!
DaveT

: