I was sent a couple of free demo i5 6is.....1 has lie bent to 66*
....apparently used heat as the hosels have a bluish tint....

Believe Ping will bend them for you for a price....

>________________________________

GALS,

>>Do you have any problems bending PING
irons with its harder 17-4 Stainless Steel (not typical 431SS)?

>>I have a used set of G5’s in the shop and have to move
some lofts by 2*’s.
>>Got half them done with extreme bending then the end stop of
the Mitchel L&L machine sheared a bolt.
>>I was doing the 8 iron and it did not want to move.  The
end stop is the piece the toe of the iron contacts.
>>It consists of a turning collar with a bolt through it which
is welded to the collar.  Well the bolt sheared.
>>Like most Ping irons the G5’s
have a hosel notch to facilitate easier bending primarily in the lie direction.

>>I will have to get the end stop remade by a gunsmith.
This time I will use a high tensile Grade 8 bolt.

>>Do I have to heat the hosel first to get it to bend by 2*
loft, then pull the shaft and reglue with epoxy?
>>I am concerned using heat to make it bend is I weaken the
epoxy bond.  Don’t need a head flying off.

>>Let me know how to proceed.  This set has got me
stumped.  Then I have to bend our personal i20 sets.

>>Maybe they will bend (as they should) once I get a new end
stop made and installed which is secured.